Page
of 2

We're Buying a House

16 replies
Sod Ransom Owner
Votes:
+606
Leader
It's official. The leaders and officers have discussed and we are going to be buying a bigger house for the FC. Not only are we slowly outgrowing our little cottage in Lavender Beds, but Emi and Slay would both LOVE a bigger house and garden. With the announcement that moving houses will no longer mean that rooms are destroyed, or workshop needing to be restarted, this only reaffirms the decision to make this change.

Another reason we are excited to make this change is that it's a way the FC can take on a project collectively, where we all work together towards a common goal. This isn't something that only officers and leaders will be handling. There will be opportunities for all the crafters and gatherers in the FC to help pitch in and fill up all the new space in the house. I hope this will strengthen the sense of community in our FC, and give people a very tangible way to become involved.

It is the suggestion of both leadership and the officers that we shoot for a large house in the newest district that will be released with Stormblood. We feel that although other districts will have larger mansions opening up as people move to the newer houses, it would need a lot of coordination on our end, as well as basically needing to have it planned out in advance who is moving and who is going to grab the house as soon as it open up. Our plan is to have a list of priorities, where we decide all together what our preferred locations will be. I'm starting a poll here, and I want you all to pick the spot you would want your second choice to be. If you have a strong desire to not have the new zone be our first choice, please please please either post in this thread, or send a leader a PM. We want our membership to be a part of this decision, so if you have a compelling reason to not move to the new area we will listen to you!

So to reiterate - we are buying a bigger house, and we are buying it in Shirogane. The reason we're doing so is that we feel like this gives us the best shot to get a larger mansion if we are to do so. I apologize for not putting that to a vote BUT, it's not set in stone. If you have an issue with that decision, please PM me and I promise I'll listen :)

We will use the voting here though to determine the order that we will look for mansions if plan A doesn't work out.

Thanks all!
Lavender Beds
13 votes
43.3%
The Goblet
5 votes
16.7%
The Mist
12 votes
40%
Number of voters: 30
SodSig5.png
Posted Jun 13, 17 · OP · Last edited Jun 13, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+3
I'm all for the new Zone and a chance for the larger FC house, also what will happen to our current FC house once we get the new one?
I will find and make the former Havoc Squad members pay for their betrayal
Posted Jul 6, 17
Temujin Engineer
Votes:
+139
Engineer
Team Shiva
wrote:
I'm all for the new Zone and a chance for the larger FC house, also what will happen to our current FC house once we get the new one?
The plot will be empty and available for purchase.
ae21075ace478e2d.png
Posted Jul 6, 17
Votes:
+4
Question! So if you don't have the SB expansion, does that mean you can't reach the new FC house? Just curious how that works. Not sure if there are people here that have not bought the expansion yet or not o_O. Would love it if we can get a mansion in the new area, since its going to be open to everyone at the same time and there's no guarantee a large plot will clear up in the current areas.

I personally have SB, but I am still playing through ARR so I have not reached any of the HW/SB area yet. i'm assuming I can teleport to the FC house regardless of whether I've "discovered" the housing area or not as I was able to reach our current one before my quest led me to Gridania the first time.

Also, I read that since patch 3.3, they've standardized the housing price, so a first class plot is 50mil. Does that mean we can have multiple people rush the ward as Emi and Vik suggested?
Posted Jul 6, 17
Temujin Engineer
Votes:
+139
Engineer
Team Shiva
Question! So if you don't have the SB expansion, does that mean you can't reach the new FC house? Just curious how that works. Not sure if there are people here that have not bought the expansion yet or not o_O. Would love it if we can get a mansion in the new area, since its going to be open to everyone at the same time and there's no guarantee a large plot will clear up in the current areas.

I personally have SB, but I am still playing through ARR so I have not reached any of the HW/SB area yet. i'm assuming I can teleport to the FC house regardless of whether I've "discovered" the housing area or not as I was able to reach our current one before my quest led me to Gridania the first time.

Also, I read that since patch 3.3, they've standardized the housing price, so a first class plot is 50mil. Does that mean we can have multiple people rush the ward as Emi and Vik suggested?

Yes, you will be able to reach the FC house without SB expansion. Yes, the house prices have already been confirmed, in the 40 mil range for a mansion in the new zone.
ae21075ace478e2d.png
Posted Jul 6, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+130
Leader
Also, just so everyone is aware, the FC rooms and furniture will transfer over to the new proprty as well.

And I claim moving the fishtank.
Posted Jul 7, 17
Can i help decorate? I know i'm the FNG but i lurrrve decorating. Can check out mah house at Goblet Ward 10, Plot 49 (Brimming Heart Subdivision aetheryte), the OC fc house and the YES! fc house among other random people's residences for my boney fides.

I also notice the yard is missing a lvl 70 dummy. Does the FC need one? Cause i'm only one mark log shy of another one and i don't mind donating it.
Posted Jul 25, 17 · Last edited Jul 25, 17
Sod Ransom Owner
Votes:
+606
Leader
So alas, we tried to buy a house this morning, but all the mansions were gone within 5-10 minutes. And not just in Shirogane, but everywhere LOL. But we wont cease trying until we are able to upgrade! Our aesthetician is foaming at the mouth! lol jk.

special thanks though to Emirii, Balade, Temu and Davar for showing up at 4:45AM CST this morning for the FC cause! We'll get it next time! :)
SodSig5.png
Posted Oct 10, 17 · OP
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices